Raggioloにおけるアルベルゴ・ディフーゾ"Borgo dei Corsi"





Raggiolo99(2017)Raggiolo宿19701998宿

Raggiolo"Borgo dei Corsi"

Nicoletta
Dall'Ara



3
()
3調


20


()

"Temporary Resident ()"

3





Raggiolo1

LucaRaggioloNicoletta"Ciao, Yurisuke!"MichelaAnteAnnalisaGiovanniAdelioArturoMorenoRosannaDaniele"Yusuke, vieni,
 vieni"StefaniaAndreaGianlucaEmanuele




2005"Borgo dei Corsi"RaggioloRaggiolo






"Borgo dei Corsi" at Raggiolo

"We often take tourists to the reception like this, because it's like a hidden space."
Children who had been playing in the square took me to the reception.

Raggiolo is a village in Tuscany, and belongs to the province of Arezzo. Its population is 99 (2017). I am here to study ona type of hotel, Albergo Diffuso, which might be translated to Scattered Hotel. Unlike ordinary hotels, an Albergo Diffusois composed of multiple buildings in a area, and each one has its own function, such as reception, guestroom, restaurant,and so on. Its origin goes back to 1970s, and Sardegna region difined it as one type of hotel in their law in 1998.

In this article, I would like to introduce my experience at Raggiolo, from a view of tourist.

After Check-in, I was following Nicoletta, who is in charge of the reception.
We reached at a buillding in about 3 minutes.
It was difficult to tell the building is a guestroom of the hotel from the exterior.
Only a well-prepared bed, towels, and amenities in the bathroom told me that here was a guestroom of the hotel.
"In Albergo Diffuso, the square is the lobby, the path is the corridor, and the house is the guestroom," Mr. Dall'Ara says.

This village seems to follow his words completely.

Now, three weeks have passed since the arrival.
I usually conduct measuring survey in the morning, and questionnaire and interview survey in the afternoon.
Almost every meal is pasta (Carbonara, Amatriciana, Genovese, etc...). Basically I buy ingredients at a small but nicegrocery. Sometimes kind neighbours give me  some fruits, vegetables, and even wine and tomato sause!
During this period, I met a lot of people and made friends here through surveys, daily life, or drawing as a pastime.

One day, a friend of mine invited me to the dinner, and he said,
"Yusuke, I'll pick you up at your house around 8pm. See you later."
Then I just replied,"OK, thank you."
But a few minutes after, I repeated his word in my mind.
"your house"
I have stayed in a building which stands at Raggiolo, where so far from my country Japan. He called this building myhouse. Then I felt really happy. I mean, I felt I was like a resident of this village.
"temporary resident"
This is an important keyword of Albergo Diffuso. His word reminded me of this important keyword.

When I arrived here, whole the village seemed to be one hotel. I thought this is the very "Albergo" Diffuso. But now, Idon't know if I stay at a hotel or I live in a village. As time goes by, the consciousness that this is a hotel is fading outfrom my mind.

This change and this ambiguity is very comfortable for me.
This ambiguity might be the most important characteristic of Albergo Diffuso.



About three weeks have passed and I leave Raggiolo in a week.
Each day, each time, and each moment was wonderful here.
Luca talked to me about his love for Raggiolo. Nicoletta always called me when she passed my house, "Ciao, Yurisuke!.Come stai?" Actually, I am Yusuke. Michela brought linens with a  cheerful smile every week. Annalisa gave me freshtomato sause made by a fantastic chef Ante. Giovanni, Adelio, Arturo, and Moreno took me to dinner again and again. Italked about my activities of each day to Rosanna every day, she was like my supervisor here. When I was waiting for abus, Daniele picked up and took me to the station. When I was walking around, Stefania and Andrea invited me to theirhouse, "Yusuke, vieni, vieni." Gianluca and Emanuele are interested in Japan. A number of residents kindly talked to mewhen I was drawing. I frequently saw people restoring their house by themselves.
When I went out, and sometimes even when I was at home, I necessarily met someone.

I will definitely miss such a nice daily life after coming home.
During this stay, I have learned not only about Albergo Diffuso, but also about how to love your own village and how tolive there.

Many of them told me that Raggiolo has been getting better since 2005 (opening year of Borgo dei Corsi).
Today, Raggiolo surely gives visitors wonderful experiences.
I am truly glad to come here.

Yusuke Wada

Questa sintesi grafica del concetto dell'albergo diffuso teorizzato da Giancarlo Dall'Ara è di Yusuke Wada

Commenti

Post popolari in questo blog

Sviluppo locale attraverso il turismo. Un articolo del prof Shinichi Shimizu

2.5 milioni gli arrivi giapponesi in Italia nel 2017?